For many of you, it’s the reason your side business is still in the “idea phase.” For me, it’s the reason this post is being written the night before it’s due. No matter what you’re trying to accomplish, procrastination is never far - TV remote in one hand, and smartphone in the other.
Today, I’ve packaged three of our best articles about beating procrastination, getting more done while working from home, and even making the most of your Netflix time.
Of course, none of these articles can help if you’re too busy procrastinating to read them. If that’s you right now, bookmark this page and come back to it later when you’re feeling motivated. But be warned: the rest of us will be that much farther ahead when you do.
Everyone ready? Let’s take it from the top.
Braveen put together this incredible resource for those of us who find it hard to stay motivated. He covers the common causes of procrastination, little-known tips for working past it, and even a few strategies for shifting your thought process and adopting a “ship it” mentality. In his post, you’ll:
- Learn about the three breeds of procrastinator and which one you fall into.
- Find out why the idea of “perfection” is holding you back.
- Discover a few productive ways to procrastinate and make the most of your downtime.
There are plenty of upsides to working from home: sleeping in, not commuting, and wearing pyjamas are just a few. But over time, the comforts of home can really start to demotivate you. For those of you struggling to stay focused, check out Tucker’s post. In it, you’ll:
- Learn why you should keep your workspace and personal space separate.
- Find out why spending the day in your pyjamas is terrible for your productivity.
- Discover co-working spaces in your area that can help you get more done.
If you can’t fight the allure of a Wednesday-morning Friends marathon, at least make it worthwhile. This article will help you get the most from your TV time by teaching you a few mindless (but worthwhile) tasks you can do while distracted. In it, you’ll:
- Learn how to build a totally hands-off and automated Tumblr page for your business.
- Find out how to maximize your “downtime” and conquer small (but critical) tasks.
- Discover small, simple ways to improve your online store.
If you've made it this far, congrats! You've beat procrastination (at least temporarily) and learned a few great tips for staying productive. If you want to learn more, check out our dedicated productivity section for more great articles on the subject.
About The Author
Jordan Simas is a copywriter, all you can eat sushi lover, and content creator at Shopify.