When Marc Jacobs, J.Hilburn, or Prince of Scots want to create a unique pop-up experience for their customers, they turn to none other than Melissa Gonzalez from the Lion'esque Group to guide them through concept to execution.
Not only has she helped create more than 70 pop-up retail experiences in New York City, Los Angeles and the Hamptons, she also sits on the board of advisors for the Storefront, a pop-up space marketplace, and is a co-founder of The Market, a pop-up retail and branding program.
For her work in helping create such outstanding pop-up experiences, Marc Jacobs was honored with the CLIO Image Award for experiential engagement, and J.Hilburn was recognized as a finalist for the New York Design Award for marketing and branded experiences.
Clearly, she's a busy woman. But, we've been lucky to have her share her insights from the field in the form of blog posts spanning topics like how to plan a pop-up and designing immersive retail experiences all the way to case studies from merchants she's personally worked with.
Today, however, we're excited to launch our new video series "How to Create a Successful Pop-Up Shop" featuring Melissa, where she breaks down everything you need to know to create an unforgettable temporary retail experience for your brand.
What You'll Learn
The series is broken down into nine lessons that are organized as follows:
- Lesson 1: Why You Need to Do a Pop-Up Shop - Learn what a pop-up shop is and how it can benefit your business.
- Lesson 2: How to Pick the Perfect Pop-Up Shop Location - Picking a location for your pop-up shop is no easy task, get insider tips here.
- Lesson 3: Pop-Up Store Interior Design & Layout - Delight your customers when they first walk into your store with optimized in-store layouts and interior design.
- Lesson 4: Retail Merchandising, Inventory, and In-Store Displays - Discover best practices for showcasing your best-sellers and other merchandise for your store.
- Lesson 5: Visual Merchandising with Creative Window Displays - Nothing stops a customer and entices them to walk into your store quite like a window display, here's how to have fun while being effective.
- Lesson 6: The Necessary Store Signage & Decals - Signage and decals guide your customers along their purchasing journey, learn how to make the most of them.
- Lesson 7: The Tech Required & Omni-Channel Retailing - Your checkout counter is an important component and thanks to Shopify POS, it now requires minimal set-up.
- Lesson 8: Marketing & Promoting Your Pop-Up Through Social Media - Building a pop-up shop is half the battle, the other is promoting it and building enough buzz to make the effort worthwhile.
- Lesson 9: Evaluating Your Pop-Up's Success - Here's how you can tell whether your pop-up shop was a success and how to optimize your performance for next time.
Here's the first lesson just as a taste of what you can expect from the series:
P.S. Be sure to spread the word and share the series, as well as comment below letting us know what you found most beneficial.