Shopping local is especially important this holiday season when so many small businesses have been devastated by the effects of COVID-19.
And now that Southern California regions are under lockdown again, it’s more important than ever to support and buy from local stores that are allowed to have 20% capacity in-store, or are offering online orders, curbside pickup, and local delivery services.
To make it simple to shop local, we’ve put together a list of LA businesses you can support this season. These stores carry amazing items that make great gifts for friends and family (or even for yourself!).
Table of Contents
Gifts for the homebodies and interior designers
In 2020, who isn’t looking to make their home a cozier, more beautiful place? Give a thoughtful gift from one of these local shops to bring cheer to the homebodies on your list.
- Birch and Bone - Fresh flowers, candles, and dried natural arrangements
- Treehaus - Christmas tree ornaments, home decor, and comfy apparel
- Poketo - A wide variety of merchandise from stylish stationery to home decor items
- The Arc - Handmade goods including home decor, furniture and apothecary
- Colle - Handcrafted scented candles shaped like sneakers, cereal bowls, and more
Gifts for the stylish
Getting a gift for the person in your life who always has an incredible outfit, just the right accessories, or the coolest pair of sneakers? These clothing shops deliver fashion right to your front door (or theirs).
- Apolis - Stylish and customizable shopping bags to glam up errands
- The Hundreds - Streetwear for the trendiest guys and gals on your list
- 3 Women Co - Carefully curated vintage and sustainable fashion
- La Kiwi Baby - T-shirts, hats, and accessories
- 3sixteen - Durable men’s clothing from denim to hats
- Gentry Garb - Menswear from one of the most fashionable boutiques in the city
- Permanent Vacation - Travel-inspired womenswear for the wanderluster in your life
- Individual Medley - Clothing for adults and children alike, plus skin care and stationary
- The Optimist - Menswear and accessories inspired by the laid back vibes of LA itself
- Banks Journal - Sustainable menswear made for coastal living
- Oublier Collective - High street fashion for big and tall men
- Nightswim - Ethically and sustainably made swimwear
Gifts for the outdoorsy
We’ve all got at least one friend or family member in our life who never sits still. They’re always out hiking, riding their bike, or participating in tough mudders. This holiday, give them something that will fit right into their active lifestyle.
- Tokyobike - Bicycles and cycling accessories
Gifts for foodies
LA’s food scene is famously delicious. From gourmet vegan food to mind-blowing tacos, it can’t be beat. Send your loved ones baked goods, snacks, wine, and more from some of LA’s most beloved spots.
- Sip Snack - A neighborhood corner store offering a wide array of snacks
- Tabula Rasa - A wine shop and bar selling wines, beers, and finger foods
- La Monarca Bakery - A bakery specializing in Mexican pastries and desserts
Gifts for the artsy and intellectual
What’s the right gift for the person in your life who watches documentaries, reads copious books, or dreams of attending a Parisian soiree? These shops have the answer.
- MOCA Museum - LA’s Museum of Contemporary Art has a gift shop filled with art-themed items like notebooks, home decor items, and outerwear
- Shorthand - Stationary and art supplies including specialty pens and notebooks
- Crush and Touch Art Supplies - Arts and crafts supplies for everyone’s inner artist
This holiday season, you can support the Los Angeles community and find your loved one that perfect gift by shopping at one of these spots. That’s the definition of a win-win.
Want to add to the list? If you'd like to have your favorite LA retail stores listed, mention them in the comments and we’ll get them added! 👇