Chobhi designs handmade organic scarves that feature our nature photography on them.
We empower rural women from India through employment to hand weave our scarves. Chobhi celebrates fair-trade and eco-friendly fashion by creating unique photographic scarves that are also wearable art!
How did you earn your first sales? Which channels are now generating the most traffic and sales for you?
Our first sales channel was through Shopify. 60% of our sales are earned through Shopify via Paypal and credit cards while the remaining 40% comes in through cash and credit card at craft shows.
Tell us about the back-end of your business. What tools and apps do you use to run your store? How do you handle shipping and fulfillment?
We run our store on Shopify's e-commerce platform. It helps us track inventory for different products and variants.
Photoshop and Canva for designing marketing & PR material and Mailchimp for newsletters.
We use MS Money to track our accounts.
Our social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to boost customer engagement and foster a 'Chobhi' community. Thanks to Shopify we were able to take the first step in launching our business and operate smoothly due to its user-friendly template editor which was easy to learn.
What are your top recommendations for new ecommerce entrepreneurs?
I highly recommend for new store owners to take advantage of Shopify's trial which will provide them with the confident and experience in setting up an ecommerce shop and making their retail vision a reality. Shopify discussion boards and gurus provide quick and useful tips to further enhance your store's look and feel. Having Shopify take care of customers, inventory tracking and so much more takes a load off the everyday stress of entrepreneurs. We simply love Shopify!